I'm linking up with another new link up today! I've seen a lot of girls from blogs I follow playing Five Question Friday, so I decided to join today.
1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?This is a tough question. There are so many unbelievably supportive and deserving charities out there; it's hard to pick one. I think I would donate $500 to the Humane Society, because it brings me to tears thinking about puppies and other animals that don't have their basic needs. Then, I think I would donate $500 to St. Jude Research Hospitals. I know someone who used to do medical research there, and she has only amazing things to say about it. If I had more money I would also donate to UNICEF and World Vision, as I am hoping that the UN Millennium Development goals will someday be reached.
2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?
I live in Tampa. I would welcome a snow day like I would welcome the heavens opening up and angels singing to me. Not having a snow day as a teacher while most of the east coast has had a second winter break has been rough. I didn't wear a coat yesterday.
Here's the weather for today (don't be jealous. It's me jealous of you with your snow days!):
3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
Are these real talents or magical powers? If they're real talents, I wish I could sing really well. I'm always singing, and I would like to be better so that people actually enjoyed it.
If magical powers, I would want to fly. I could avoid traffic, which causes me major stress, and I could always be on time. I could get places very cheaply.
4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
I would say I'm between news and celebrity gossip. I check CNN.com daily, but I also love reading blogs and learning about who's pregnant, who everyone likes/dislikes on the Bachelor, and what Kim Kardashian is doing now. I would say it's an equal balance between the two. I'm not politically opinionated.
She's my pick for him. (And can you say Van Cleef?)
5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)
I love most kinds of beers; my favorites are IPAs, Kirin Light, and Stella. It's what I crave when I want to drink. I also love cider (like Woodchuck Granny Smith). Those two would be my favorites. They relax me whereas liquor winds me up.
Thank you for stopping by my blog! Say hello below and let me know you did; I love finding new blogs from link ups!