I have been so excited over the last couple of weeks to have received a handful of awards. I appreciate it so much, and it really means a lot of me that these ladies have chosen me to receive their awards. There is a lot of text below, so pick an award or two to read. There is probably more about me here than you ever wanted to know!
To show my appreciation for all of my new followers, I'm going to give the awards to you specifically!
That award is the Versatile Blogger Award
For this award, there are 10 questions to answer:
1. Why did you start this blog?
I started this blog because I had unsuccessfully attempted to write a young professional's personal finance blog twice in the past couple of years. I realized I didn't want to narrow my focus so much and instead wanted to be able to write about whatever I felt at the time. I occasionally write about personal finance on here now, but more often I'll write about life, style, and other things of the more general nature.
2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
I follow blogs that include pictures in most every post. I like people who have similar interests to me; I love blogs that share tips, show outfits, suggest new styles, share pictures, and overall have a happy note to them. I also look at the design of the blog.
3. Favorite make-up brand?
Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier
4. Favorite Clothing Brand?
J.Crew, LOFT, Anthropologie (although they aren't their own brand...)
5. Indespensable make-up product?
I don't wear makeup everyday, but I think mascara makes a huge difference.
6. Favorite Color?
7. Favorite perfume?
Stella by Tocca
8. Favorite film?
I don't have one.
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
If the world wasn't falling apart I would want to visit Greece. Since that's not the best choice at the time, I think going to China would be my next choice. I've never been to Asia.
10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or blush on one side of the face?
Blush on one side of my face.
The next award I got from Erin. She's a new blogger who has a fun blog!
For this one, there is another set of questions:
1. Who/What inspires you?
My dad inspires me, knowing that I can really make a difference inspires me, and wanting to be successful for myself and my future family inspires me.2. What is your favorite season and why? I love Fall. I like wearing cardigans and pants and leggings and boots without being freezing. I like a chill in the air.3. What are you looking most forward to this year? I'm looking forward to a lot of things. There's one big thing I'm hoping happens this year, but I don't want to say it out loud for fear that it won't happen. When/If it does, I'll be sure to let you know...4. If you could write a book about anything, what would it be about?
Transitioning from life in college to life as an adult with all of the things to consider as you go into the world on your own.
5. What is your greatest passion? Teaching others. I'm a teacher, and I love teaching my students. But I am referring to all aspects of life. I love helping and teaching people anything that I know about and can share with them.
6. If you could change one thing about your life or yourself, what would it be.
I would be more organized, more interested in keeping things neat and orderly, and more motivated to go to the gym7. Lastly, what is your favorite novel?
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. This is without a doubt the best book I have ever read. It's long, and I would read until my eyes hurt and then I would take breaks after each page to rest my eyes. I would recommend it to anyone; it is so much better than the movie.
The next award I got is from Katie. I found her blog after she followed me during my CSN giveaway. I was excited to find her colorful and always interest blog. It's one that I read everyday.
This award is the
I just give 7 facts about myself that you may not know.
1. I moved to Tampa without knowing anyone almost three years ago for the purpose of taking the job I'm currently at. I'm very happy I did, as it has turned out to be a wonderful decision because of the life I'm making for myself.
2. I drive a Honda Accord and almost got suckered in to buying the Honda Element six months ago with one of those dealer incentive flyers. Thankfully one of my friends talked some sense into me.
3. My boyfriend also drives a Honda Accord. He bought his after me.
4. We both had Jeep Grand Cherokees before we traded for the Accords.
5. I LOVE throwing pottery. I'll post some pictures on here one day with some of the pots that I've done. I was taking a class a year ago and had made a pitcher and a casserole. A car hit the building one night and it was declared structurally unsound; classes were cancelled and I never went back to get my pots after they reopened the building a few months later.
6. My favorite foods in the whole world are sushi and Mexican. I could without a doubt eat only those two things for the rest of my life and be okay with it.
7. I love blankets. I need to have a blanket on me all the time when I'm at home, so I hate when it's hot in the house.
The last award that I received is from another Katie. I enjoy reading Katie's blog, as she always sounds super smart in what she's saying. She is also fun to connect with on twitter.
This award is fun because I tell you five facts and only one of them is true. So, which do you think is true?
1. Even though I don't teach English, my college major was English literature.
2. I knit while I watch my reality tv shows.
3. One of my favorite things in the whole world is receiving snail mail.
4. I hate surprises.
5. I have trouble sleeping many nights; I like afternoon naps.
So, because I'm overwhelmed about who to give these to, but also because I'm so thankful for all of my new followers, I want to give these to anyone who has started following me in the last week! So, pick one or two and tell me that you did it. I want to come read your entry!