I'm. Loving. Life.
I wanted to share with you what a wonderful week/weekend I've had! Tomorrow I'll update you on my April goals and tell you my May goals (this is late...sorry.)
1. On Tuesday I went to dinner with some friends from Junior League. It was so much fun! We're going to do it the first Tuesday of every month! Next time we're going to the Refinery, which was nominated for a James Beard award this year. Can't wait!
2. There are two weeks left of teaching for this school year. I'll miss these kids a lot, but I'm ready for summer!
3. On Saturday, I woke up and was down a little more in weight. I'm down 8 pounds overall!
4. I ran 6 miles on Saturday, and I did it in my Nike Free Running Shoes. They definitely have taken some getting used to (I got them last weekend), but I like the idea of running the way my body was meant to.
I'd been running the couch to 5k program as part of my weight loss plan, and I ended up really loving running a lot more than I thought I would. A few people at work have run a couple of half marathons, and I was talking to them about it. One of the guys said that they're totally doable, and that I just needed to be able to run 6 miles before starting a training program. So, yesterday was the big success!
5. Because of that, I signed up for my first half marathon! I'm doing the Disney Wine and Dine! It's a night race. It starts at 10 PM on October 1, so because of where I'll start and how long it will take me, I should finish the race on October 2, my 26th birthday!
Not only that, but I'll be running it with Kayla! AND Tim and my mom will be there cheering me on!
6. I started couponing last week and have already scored some major deals. It makes grocery shopping a little more fun. I did make a pledge to myself, however, that I would only buy things that I use and eat, and wouldn't fall for "trying new things" unless they were absolutely free to me. I promise I won't show my couponing successes anymore, but I wanted to show you that I was giving it a try and you can actually get things you need with coupons.
I got this at CVS yesterday for $1.59 after coupons. Then, I got $3.77 back to spend on my next trip.
This was $3.00 today and then $5 in money back
This was $90. I saved $93. It includes meat, produce, medicine, yogurt, etc. And everything I bought is stuff I've bought previously without coupons. And it's my food for the week plus a bunch of other stuff. The two sites I've been using to help me a lot are: I heart Publix and True Couponing.
7. I've sold quite a few of my Stella & Dot samples, and I'm super excited about getting the money back to use for other things!
Anywho, I'm excited to catch up on your blogs and what's going on with you! I promise I'm not going to turn into a running blog or couponing blog or anything of the such, but I was excited to share my fun news!
Have you had a big weekend? What have you been up to?