My 2012 goals were the above, and I am pleased to say that I was 90% successful with them!
1. I payed off my car! With a few extra payments here and there, my account balance is at $0.00! Now I will drive it until it becomes unsuitable for driving.
2. Where I'm docking myself 10% is on the marathon part. I'm 16 weeks into an 18 week training plan, and I will run my first marathon on January 13th, 2012! I would have run one sooner, but I had a major abdominal surgery in August and wasn't allowed to do any working out whatsoever for 6 weeks. As soon as I was cleared, I hit the road starting my training plan!
3. We left the continental United States and went to Hawaii! Though not out of the country completely, it's a different world and a long flight away. I'm counting it as a 100% victory!
4. I stayed in budget! We used a Google Doc spreadsheet to update every time we purchased something, and we opened a shared savings account to start pooling money from the get go. With that we were able to withdraw money upon items purchased and knew exactly how much we had left. Victory was ours!
December goals were as follows:
1. Craft one thing. Anything. FAIL. Oops...
2. Skype with my parents on Christmas morning. (This is going to be the first time I'm away from them on Christmas Morning...). Done!
3. Make at least one tradition with Tim for Christmas that we can do every year going forward. Done!
4. Use my time out of school productively. Done (and still doing...)!
6. Don't stress if I miss posting on a weekday. Done!
More success! This bodes well for a great 2013 and the commitments and goals I'm putting in place. I'm excited to share those goals with you tomorrow, but I'll tell you ahead of time that most of them won't actually start until after January 13th. Making any exercise or food changes 12 days before my first marathon and after the weeks of training I've put in wouldn't be a good idea.
How did your 2012 goals go? What is your main goals for 2013?