I was debating writing one of two longer posts today, but then I realized I wasn't in the mood to post longer one topic posts and instead wanted to share my Top 5 from this week!
1. Without a doubt, my highlight from the week was finishing my first triathlon! But instead of talking about it again, I wanted to mention my tri kit that I wore and give a few more details. I saw a couple of other bloggers wearing MooMotion kits and liked the color combinations and lack of flowery additions that seem to be everpresent in the female triathlon apparel industry. I reached out to Melissa to see if she would partner with me as I took on my first (and upcoming second) triathlons. She agreed to send me a top and give me a discount off the shorts. She also sent me several sizes to choose from, which led to a week of spending too long deciding which combination of sizes worked best for me.
I ended up going with the purple and navy Indie Tri Jersey in the small and the Indie Tri Shorts in the XL. I normally wear a medium in Nike Pro spandex shorts that I run in a lot, so there is a size variation in these. Melissa is running a startup company, and she said she's going to offer more cuts and sizes soon. The kit worked so, so well on Saturday for me. I chose to wear a sports bra under the top for extra running support, but there wasn't a second during the whole day that anything bothered, rubbed, or nagged at me. The amount of padding in the shorts was perfect for the bike but didn't bother me during the run, and when it was over I started wondering how I could possibly live in triathlon kits instead of real clothes. I loved that it transitioned seamlessly between all three sports. I'll be wearing it for my next triathlon August 24th for sure!
2. School is around the corner, which means it's time to load up on school supplies! I went shopping at Target and The Container Store on Wednesday, and when I saw the bike stuff, I couldn't resist. I of course got some normal teacher supplies like pens, tape, paper, etc, but teachers can have fun with their supplies too! I'm not at all obsessed with my bike or anything.
3. This week of meal planning was super successful! I grocery shopped on Sunday, planned out five meals, and successfully made them all! Two were recipes I'd done in the past, and then I added in a few new ones. Our favorite was the Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Quinoa Salad (middle picture), but I also liked the Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs (left picture before cooking). I just used Bertollo premade lowfat pesto instead of making my own. Fresh basil gets a little expensive in the stores.
4. I got my first order of clothes from LOFT! I ended up taking back about half of it, but I kept a few tops, a dress, and a couple of skirts. Now I've refilled my cart with new arrivals and am waiting on the next 40% or 50% off sale. I won't shop at that store unless it's at least 40% off because of how much it's offered.
5. I found a new planner that I'm going to order. I've used others in the past, but I really like this Plum Paper Designs Family Planner. Obviously I don't have kids and don't need to keep Tim's schedule, so I'm going to customize the seven sections with seven areas of my life that I like to keep things written down for. I can't wait for it to get here; I'll share more once it comes.
Happy Friday and tax free weekend!
Is your state offering tax free shopping this week? Are you planning on buying anything?
Any recent recipes you've tried and loved?